[NOT COMPATIBLE WITH COSMOS BRAND SUBLIMATION INK!]
For best outcome, use old school black ink or very dark colors for a total retro look!
Our 3.5" x 2.5" Tan Faux Leather Rectangle hat patch with rounded corners sublimation blank features an embedded black stitching look all around. They also have a aged textured appearance for that legit leather look is a great that add some retro style to any hat or jacket. Ours have glue paper on the back side which heats up for you to attach to your hat or garment. Neat! Our PU leather round hat patches are sublimation ready!
Perfect for hats, jackets, backpacks and other garments.
- Made of faux leatherette that is easy to sublimate or laser/laserable
- 3.5" x 2.5" rounded rectangle size
- Aged textured look
- We suggest black ink artwork or dark colors to get the best image on these patches.
Temperature: 370-380 degrees for 45-50 seconds [These times/temps are what work for us. Every heat press is different, so you will need to test for the time/temp that works for your situation.]
These patches feature our newest glue back technology where it has a removeable wax paper on the back. You sublimate them by leaving this backer paper on. You then remove it to adhere to your hat or garment.
- Wipe your patch free of lint
- You sublimate on the front grey side of the patch! The shiny side is the glue.
- Place your artwork on top of your patch facing downwards. Use heat tape to tape your patch down onto your artwork. (Do not use adhesive spray).
- Cover everything with butcher blow-out paper
- Heat at 370-380 degrees for 45-50 seconds. You DO NOT need heavy pressure for these. Don't squash them down hard.
- ***IF YOUR SUB PAPER IS STICKING/EMBEDDED TO THE FRONT OF YOUR PATCH, YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH PRESSURE! DIAL BACK THE PRESSURE ON YOUR PATCH!
- Use heat gloves to remove your artwork immediately when done pressing, but leave the wax paper on the back of your patch on. Let it cool for 15+ minutes so your glue sets up again. Peel the wax paper back.
- To attach your patch to your hat or garment, remove the wax paper from behind. Pre-press your garment to warm it up about 10 seconds. Now, place your patch with the glue side down on your hat and use a hat press at 300 degrees for 30-35 seconds. You can also use an iron at its hottest setting with no steam, too. But be sure to cover your patch with paper first. Additionally, you can stitch/sew your patch on as well.
If your patch does not adhere with an iron, you can also use fabric glue for added stick.