For best outcome, use old school black ink or very dark colors for a total retro look! Our 2.5" Faux Leather round hat patch sublimation blanks feature black stitching and around. They also have a pebbled textured finish for that legit leather look is a great that add some retro style to any hat or jacket. Ours have glue paper on the back side which heats up for you to attach to your hat or garment. Neat! Our PU leather round hat patches are sublimation ready!
Perfect for hats, jackets, backpacks and other garments.
Temperature: 370-375 degrees for 50-60 seconds [These times/temps are what work for us. Every heat press is different, so you will need to test for the time/temp that works for your situation.]
- Wipe your patch free of lint
- You sublimate on the tan side of the patch! The shiny side is the glue.
- Place your patch with the shiny glue side down (and flat side facing up) on a piece of parchment wax paper so that when the glue warms up it will easily be removed from the shiny side of your wax paper.
- Place your artwork on top of your patch facing downwards. Use heat tape to tape your patch down onto your artwork. (Do not use adhesive spray).
- Cover everything with butcher blow-out paper
- Heat at 380 for 50-60 seconds
- Use heat gloves to remove your artwork immediately, but leave your parchment wax paper on the back of your patch on. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes so your glue sets up again.
- To attach your patch to your hat or garment, remove the wax paper from behind. Pre-press your garment to warm it up about 10 seconds. Now, place your patch with the glue side down on your hat and use a hat press at 300 degrees for 30-35 seconds. You can also use an iron at its hottest setting with no steam, too. But be sure to cover your patch with paper first. Additionally, you can stitch/sew your patch on as well.
If your patch does not adhere with an iron, you can also use fabric glue for added stick.